Senior Backend Developer
Are you that ambitious Backend Developer who wants to work with us on challenging projects? The bright talent that knows how to make impact? Do you make sure things get done? A wonderful challenge awaits you at Strix!
Being a Senior Backend Developer at Strix you raise the bar in Magento (Adobe Commerce) and Shopware development. From a customer centric approach, you strive for the highest achievable quality in both the code and the product delivery. Together with your talented team of experienced developers, you ensure that we deliver successful solutions to our clients.
As a Senior Backend developer at Strix, you know how to deliver complex solutions, challenge your teammates and continuously improve our solutions. It’s not just about writing code. In this role, you can really make an impact. You will be given absolute freedom to excel your talent to lead, analyze, coach, collaborate and understand business needs. Deliver team performance and push the boundaries of Digital Commerce together.
- We care about writing high quality code (multi-level code review).
- Most of our tasks consist of performing new features, we have fewer maintenance tasks.
- We are driven by the vision of project development, working closely with the client - thanks to this there are always interesting tasks to perform.
- We stick to good programming practices, we regularly exchange knowledge during code reviews and meetings.
We have a great office in Utrecht. Here we work passionately with the team and our clients to maintain our good relationship and keep an eye on the project result.
- You share our passion for Digital Commerce and code. You encourage yourself and others to push boundaries and finding unusual solutions;
- You are able to program high-level e-commerce features & dealing with bugs;
- You are comfortable working in an international environment. Our working language English is no problem for you;
- Education in a relevant field
- 3+ years of commercial experience driving projects on Shopware/ Magento
- 5+ years of experience scripting & coding in PHP (min 2 years of PHP7)
- 4+ years of experience working with MySQL
- Background knowledge of working with GIT
- Expertise in web services and integrations using Rest API
- Knowledge of design models
- Deep knowledge of PSR standards
- Basic knowledge of xdebug
- Web Application Performance
- A DNA that matches our company culture, in your own identical way
The Strix Gene
At Strix, we think it's important to know who and what we are, but certainly also believe it is a strength to realize what and who we are not.
- We think solutions, not in problems
- We dare to challenge, not repeat the patterns
- We push the boundaries, not to keep the status quo
- We embrace differences, we are not conservative
- We empower connections, not self-mindset
- Hybrid working & flexible working hours. You are very welcome in our inspiring office, but free to work from any other location
- A fun and motivated team of experienced and like-minded specialists
- Study days & access to Strix academy
- An open invitation for your own input
- Office food & drinks
- Company equipment
- Pension Scheme
- Travel reimbursement
- And of course a good party every now and then 😊